Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tributes to Isaac

The past few weeks have went by so quickly! Today is Dan's first day back at work in more than 4 weeks. We are very fortunate to be able to spend so much time together during the past month.

I am so thankful for the support of our families throughout my pregnancy and afterwards. We could not have done it without all of them!

I wanted to share two special things that my sister, my dad, and Dan did in honor of Isaac. My sister Kelsie graduated from the University of Florida on April 30. We were fortunate to be able to go to Gainesville and see her graduate. Since so many students graduate at the same time, the graduates often decorate their caps to help their families identify them in the crowd. Kelsie chose to decorate her cap with an "I" in honor of her nephew Isaac. It was very special to me because I sometimes think of the things that I won't see Isaac do or accomplish. But, in a way, I was able to see my son graduate that day. We are also proud of your accomplishments, Kelsie!

Kelsie with her "I" cap

My family at Kelsie's graduation

This past weekend, my dad and Dan got a more permanent tribute to Isaac - a tattoo! It is a tattoo of Isaac's handprint and name on their chest. Dan made the handprints in the hospital and the tattoo artist was able to replicate it exactly. Now, I get to see and touch my son's handprint everyday!


And, one more picture of Isaac with our family members that were at the hospital on his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment